Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Going For a Walk

My husband surprised me yesterday by asking me to take a walk with him at lunch time.  I actually fell out of my chair and 'fainted' on the floor.  No, I didn't really faint, it's a family joke to 'faint' when we don't believe something that someone tells us.  And I couldn't believe he was asking me to take a walk with him.

You see, my husband is not the picture of health.  At all.  He loves junk food and never exercises.  He is overweight and is on medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol.  And he is only 43 years old.  So I was quite shocked that he would even think of taking a walk.

It was a beautiful, sunny but cool, winter day, and there was a bit of a breeze.  It turned out to be a perfect day for a walk.

During our conversation, he said it would be nice to go for a walk together once a week.  I had to laugh, because I was thinking we should walk once a day.  But we'll shoot for once a week (walking together), and see where that takes us.  You have to start somewhere, and walking once a week is better than not doing anything at all.

Baby steps.

Maybe my wellness is rubbing off on him.

What baby steps have you taken to make your life healthier?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.